Friday 17 April 2015

The ethos of hermit





I have been working on my new project for a few months now. It has been developing very slowly as I feel like it requires time as all personal discoveries are. It is not only a strictly artistic project. It is a kind of search that has been helping me to learn more about myself and the world around me. I'm still at the very beginning of the journey but I feel like I can slowly move forward.



I would like to try understand not why people turn towards solitude and leave their comfortable lives for the unknown. I'm interested more in what happens in a heart and soul and body of a person whose choice is to embrace solitude. I'm especially drown to the stories of people who are hermits in the busy city. Who are not turning to absolute isolation but still are a part of society and only live their personal lives in solitude.

I just ordered few books which I'm hoping will help me understand more. The books are
''Hermits: Insights of solitude'' by Peter France
''A Pelican in the wilderness: Hermits, Solitaries and Recluses'' by Isabel Colegate
and ''A book of silence'' by Sara Maitland.

If you are reading this and think you can help me with my research. Recommend a book or share your thoughts. Please do so. Any input would be very much appreciated.

I will also be sharing my sketches, paintings and icons.

No comments:

Post a Comment